Tuesday 10 August 2010

Introducing...

We are a young family...me, dear husband, the two-year old Bean & 8-week old baby Pea!  We're surviving the arrival of Pea and wanted to talk about how life is for us.  We are people of faith, fun-loving, beach bumming, a blend of cultures. 

Me - I work at home.  I worked as a Community Children's Nurse, before we moved to be near the ocean.  I try to keep my hand in nursing.  But consider myself a professional wife & mum (in that order!). I love Jesus, I want my daughters to as well.  British born & bred.

Dear husband - works hard, plays harder.  Man of wisdom, strength & the biggest wind-up merchant you could wish to meet!  Life is always fun when he's around!  He loves Jesus, and leads us well.  Mostly South African, with a hint of many other nations!

Our philosophy on family life - kids are part of the family, not the centre.  We do things together, we want our girls to have a go.  We honour Jesus.

Bean is kind, nuturing, half monkey, half girl.  Excited about starting (pre!)school after "Pistmas".  Cheeky, but with a killer smile she'll wield to try and get out of trouble!  She was a dream baby, slept through early.  She keeps us on our toes and melts our hearts in equal measure.

Pea - just feeling like we've got to know her.  We have been given another dream babe.  She put herself on a 3-hourly routine, from Day 1.  She eats well, sleeps well.  The most peaceful child you could ever wish to meet.  Mind, she needs to be chilled to slot into The Stamp Family.

This is an opportunity to share what works for us, with 2 young children.  How to keep sane, when it feels like your grip on reality is fading.  How to keep smiling.  How to get The Baby to sleep, when we need them to (feeling rather jubilant that we're 2 nights in to sleeping through the night)!

I hope you enjoy & join in.  Feel free to comment, or ask questions - if I don't know the answer I'll try and find it out.

2 comments:

  1. How do I turn my wonderful boy into a DREAM boy????!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great first post - already loads we can pick up! Looking forward to you guys sharing more that me and Laluna can steal and use ;)

    ReplyDelete