Tuesday 24 August 2010

When the Bug bites...

Today I experienced the one thing that all mum's dread...waking up & feeling ILL!  The bug has bitten.  At least I think it's a bug...it could also be some dodgy pate I ate yesterday!  You don't get sick days in this job! Thankfully dear hubby's boss is sympathetic (thanks fab mum- & dad-in-law!) and gave him time off to set me back on my feet! So, one simple breakfast in bed & a warm shower later I was ready(ish) to face the day with 2 kids under 3yrs & the stomach flu!

What a perfect opportunity to put into practice that partnership in parenting I was talking about last week.  Doesn't God just sometimes stop you in your tracks to LEARN a lesson well?!!  I'm content for it to be that way...I need to learn things well!

So, today I am forcing food & drink down - so that Pea can eat!  And I'm trying to work out just what I can do to entertain Bean.  Especially after I've just been told "Mister Maker is my best friend..."  Oh, the guilt...the child has watched far too much Beebies!  Hey ho...maybe the bug will have had it's fun and moved on tomorrow.  Until it does.  Nothing to do, but ease into the enforced slow pace.  Enjoy the simple luxury of time with my family...without feeling pressure to rush around.  Sleep when the girls let me.  And plan how to make a family meal of the BRAT (Banana ,Rice, stewed Apple & Toast) diet recommended for poorly tums!

No comments:

Post a Comment