Friday 20 August 2010

TGI Friday...

So this week has been a "hang on in there & survive" week!  Pea has had a growth spurt...2 hourly breastfeedings are NOT for the faint hearted.  It's had me reaching for the bottle!  No, not THAT bottle...the bottle of the AVENT variety (or some other well known brand!).  Only to top Pea up at my bedtime feeding.  But it's a bottle none the less.

Life in the Stamp house has proved challenging for Bean.  Mummy is tired and ratty.  Pea is forever attached to Mummy.  What's a girl to do?  Listen to music - The Music Machine is the favourite at the moment - & practice dancing around the living room.  She's quite a mover.  And I'm not sure the living room carpet will ever be the same again!

But today I'm not going to talk about balancing the needs of my 2 small children...I'm not going to talk about introducing a top-up formula feed, when I have been so set on exclusive breastfeeding...I'm not going to offer any complaints.  When we decided to have to children, we asked for all these things.  My children are one of the most amazing gifts I've been given.  I'm grateful for them.  I love them.

Today I want to talk about my parenting partner.  Dear hubby has amazing instincts with parenting.  Even on the practical stuff...like feeding.  With Bean, he became an expert in breastfeeding, so that he could coach me.  Or discipline...just how does he get Bean to obey first time?! This week, I have learned, I'm not parenting alone.  I have a partner.  We need to work together.  To win at this parenting lark...my parenting partner MUST be prized!  Naturally, as the "professional" mum, I have more time to research stuff.  I'm also the one implementing our parenting 75% of the time!  But dear hubby has a unique perspective, that cuts right to the root of most problems. 

So next week, I will be striving to prize dear hubby & parent together with him!

See you all next week...I'll let you know how the bottle works!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment